Friday, December 5, 2008

Noel, Noel

For some reason, I'm not really sure WHAT reason, I have been in the Christmas spirit much earlier than usual this year. I usually put my tree up about 2 weeks before Christmas and take it down New Year's Day. But this year I put my tree up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Hopefully I won't be sick of it by Christmas.

I'm wondering if part of the reason that I'm in the spirit early this year is that I started perusing Etsy for Christmas cards (and possible gifts) a while ago, knowing that I would need to order things in time for them to get here (and not wanting to pay ridiculous amounts for shipping). I'm really excited because I ordered handmade Christmas cards and gift tags from Etsy this year. One set of cards and the gift tags arrived this weekend...they are so cute! I'm hoping the other set of cards will arrive today. I also bought some cool things from Strung Out & Wired to give as gifts to my work friends. I like to give something handmade, and for the past 3 years I have made ornaments. But this year I knew I wouldn't have time to make something myself since I have been doing more craft shows, plus I have several custom orders that are Christmas presents (and presents to make that I'm giving as well). What I got is really cool though, and I think everyone will like them.

Another (somewhat selfish) reason I'm really excited about Christmas this year is that my parents are getting me a spinning wheel for Christmas. I found one that wasn't ridiculously expensive and is probably a good starter wheel. It would really suck to spend $500 on a wheel and then figure out that I hate spinning with a wheel. I ordered a beautiful fiber batt from Uniquely Yours, which I plan to make my first real wheel project, after I use crappy fiber and scraps to learn with. I can't wait to get the wheel and start spinning with it! It is going to make it so much easier to spin plied yarns.

No comments: